One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express one's defiance or awareness that someone will not like what one has decided or is saying.‘you can't share, so there!’
- ‘I've never owned a car, nor have I driven one for over six years. So there!’
- ‘I'm going fishing today, so there!’
- ‘I'm not talking to her, so there!’
- ‘It's as though I feel I have to earn it - well I can honestly say I have - so there!’
- ‘I'm not embarrassed, and I'm certainly not letting you get me flustered. So there!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.