One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small white-breasted plover related to the ringed plover, found on most continents.
- ‘While some snowy plovers remain in their coastal breeding areas year-round, others migrate south or north for winter.’
- ‘At the time the species was listed, approximately 1,500 western snowy plovers nested in the United States.’
- ‘The major threats to the snowy plover are dewatering, loss of wetland habitats and human disturbance at nest sites.’
- ‘The number of snowy plovers wintering at the site has increased as well, more than doubling since the program began.’
- ‘The majority or snowy plovers return to the same site year after year to breed and raise their young.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.