A small white-breasted plover related to the ringed plover, found on most continents.
- ‘The majority or snowy plovers return to the same site year after year to breed and raise their young.’
- ‘While some snowy plovers remain in their coastal breeding areas year-round, others migrate south or north for winter.’
- ‘At the time the species was listed, approximately 1,500 western snowy plovers nested in the United States.’
- ‘The major threats to the snowy plover are dewatering, loss of wetland habitats and human disturbance at nest sites.’
- ‘The number of snowy plovers wintering at the site has increased as well, more than doubling since the program began.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.