One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American egret with all-white plumage, black legs, and yellow feet.
- ‘Mallows Bay now harbors herons, snowy egrets, and American bald eagles.’
- ‘Most belong to snowy egrets and little blue herons, who make a fine nautical color combination of crisp white and slate.’
- ‘Tall, leggy herons and the white snowy egrets wait patiently along the tidal creeks for small fish to swim by.’
- ‘Every spring, about 100 pairs nest here along with great blue herons and snowy egrets.’
- ‘The snowy egret often hunts by shuffling its feet back and forth in the water, stirring things up so it can eat them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.