One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The writer wants to stress the coldness of the New England winter, rather than its interminable length, its gloominess, its snowiness and many other qualities that it always possesses.’
- ‘Click on the picture to see the glorious snowiness - it's not showing up well in the thumbnail.’
- ‘You could also seek a dress with lots of sparkly beads and sequins to evoke the snowiness of the season.’
- ‘Once we got over the general lack of snowiness in the Village (there was plenty of snow up high to really enjoy the weeks skiing), the Hotel worked out really well.’
- ‘In this regard the knowledge of contemporary glaciation dynamics and prognosis of snowiness in the region become very important.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.