A North American shrub of the honeysuckle family, bearing white berries and often cultivated as an ornamental or for hedging.
- ‘Red elderberry, snowberry, and a species of prickly currant are common in the shrub zone.’
- ‘Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.’
- ‘Matings between species occur on occasion, but the hybrid offspring are short lived because they are believed to do much worse on either blueberry or snowberry than its parents.’
- ‘In the autumn it is intended to plant fruiting species of trees, including gelda rose, hawthorn, hazel, thorn and snowberry.’
- ‘However, in hedgerows, aliens like fuchsia, buddleia and snowberry are pushing out native species like spindle and guelder rose.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.