One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Forty-five per cent of normal adults snore at least occasionally, and 25 per cent are habitual snorers.’
- ‘For the new treatment, snorers are given local anaesthetic before the sharp head of a hand-held device is inserted into the palate to inject the cylinders.’
- ‘Now my parents are snorers - a fact they will actively deny even when their own loud gravelly exhalations wake them up.’
- ‘Loud snoring is not only a terrible night-time disturbance for roommates, it can also be a potentially harmful disease for snorers themselves.’
- ‘Two thirds of snorers are men, and most are aged in their 50s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.