One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to, characteristic of, or like a snob.‘she is ostracized by the snobby rich kids at school’‘his snobby attitude about the right way to dress’
- ‘I like riding clubs, and I don't think they are snobby at all.’
- ‘That day he was delivering two tons of coal to a particularly snobby woman.’
- ‘They tended to be the snobbiest group, their distinctive attitude focusing on gaining social status and pleasure.’
- ‘The conservatives want private snobbier schools that are more exclusive.’
- ‘The three of them posed for a very snobby picture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.