One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The character or quality of being a snob.‘the worst aspects of English class snobbery’
affectation, pretentiousness, condescension, affectedness, pretension, elitism, snobbishness, arrogance, pride, haughtiness, airs, airs and graces, disdain, disdainfulness, superciliousness, exclusivenessView synonyms
- ‘The old snobberies of rock purists and classical elitists make less and less sense now.’
- ‘There is a lot of pretentiousness and snobbery associated with literature.’
- ‘It's bordering on elitist snobbery, and is already as boring as the series.’
- ‘Fans of such cheap television will accuse me of snobbery and elitism.’
- ‘Horse riding suffers from the taint of elitism and snobbery which is a legacy of the past.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.