One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The character or quality of being a snob.‘the worst aspects of English class snobbery’
affectation, pretentiousness, condescension, affectedness, pretension, elitism, snobbishness, arrogance, pride, haughtiness, airs, airs and graces, disdain, disdainfulness, superciliousness, exclusivenessView synonyms
- ‘Horse riding suffers from the taint of elitism and snobbery which is a legacy of the past.’
- ‘It's bordering on elitist snobbery, and is already as boring as the series.’
- ‘Fans of such cheap television will accuse me of snobbery and elitism.’
- ‘There is a lot of pretentiousness and snobbery associated with literature.’
- ‘The old snobberies of rock purists and classical elitists make less and less sense now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.