One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That and his commitment to producing high art, with its attendant disdain of popular culture and even a sniffiness in relation to liberal democracy, have proved something of a turn-off for the reading public.’
- ‘When I began reading his account, it's fair to say that I did so in an atmosphere of sniffiness.’
- ‘In more than two years as an employee of a Scottish club he had never previously seemed so impassioned on behalf of his current home, or irked by the apparent sniffiness of some English attitudes towards its league championship.’
- ‘There is a lot of sniffiness in Europe about American culture which really needs to be done away with.’
- ‘Even Margaret Oliphant got short shrift, mainly because of the prevailing male sniffiness about the fact that this eminent Victorian novelist wrote for a living.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.