One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Not that it's any of your business,’ I began snappishly, ‘but she wants me to baby-sit for her on Sunday.’’
- ‘I said, snappishly, pushing my glasses higher on my face, ‘Did you hear me?’’
- ‘‘Of course I know who he is,’ I responded snappishly also.’
- ‘‘I think that would be obvious, Nathan,’ I said snappishly.’
- ‘I think the little man drinking tea in China heard you,’ Nicole said snappishly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.