One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of the figwort family, bearing spikes of brightly colored two-lobed flowers that gape like a mouth when a bee lands on the curved lip.
- ‘There are a number of cool-season vegetables to plant, along with flowers such as dianthus, petunias, snapdragons and violas.’
- ‘Bilaterally symmetrical flowers, such as snapdragons and sweet peas, have distinctive upper and lower petals and are therefore asymmetric from top to bottom.’
- ‘Children also like anything with a tactile element - snapdragons they can gently open and close, and foxgloves, which are just the right size for small fingers.’
- ‘Seed sowing is well under way now, especially for plants like snapdragons and pansies which germinate early and take time to grow to a decent size.’
- ‘Plant several poppies as your tall center flowers, then add colorful snapdragons or blue salvia, candytuft, pansies, and sweet alyssum or Dusty Miller to fill out your container.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.