One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A maneuver in which an aircraft makes a single quick revolution about its longitudinal axis while flying horizontally.
- ‘When not doing air shows, she can be found back at Amelia Reid Aviation, teaching everything from loops and snap rolls to instrument approaches.’
- ‘I did some snap rolls, a few slow rolls and a loop.’
- ‘The plane had to be able to do a snap roll at 80 mph, an Immelman at 120, a vertical reversement at 90, aileron roll at 110, and likewise a loop at 110.’
- ‘Controls were also reported to be heavy when flying at high speeds, or at the beginning of a spin or snap roll.’
- ‘I did snap rolls, slow rolls, figure eights, spins, and falling leafs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.