Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A maneuver in which an aircraft makes a single quick revolution about its longitudinal axis while flying horizontally.
- ‘I did some snap rolls, a few slow rolls and a loop.’
- ‘Controls were also reported to be heavy when flying at high speeds, or at the beginning of a spin or snap roll.’
- ‘I did snap rolls, slow rolls, figure eights, spins, and falling leafs.’
- ‘When not doing air shows, she can be found back at Amelia Reid Aviation, teaching everything from loops and snap rolls to instrument approaches.’
- ‘The plane had to be able to do a snap roll at 80 mph, an Immelman at 120, a vertical reversement at 90, aileron roll at 110, and likewise a loop at 110.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.