One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Recover quickly and easily from an illness or period of difficulty.‘our bodies can snap back pretty well from short-term bouts of stress’
- ‘At the thought of battle, she quickly snapped back to reality and pushed the glass away.’
- ‘Slowly, Rae came around, shaking her head quickly and snapping back to reality.’
- ‘December shook her head and snapped back to reality as the bell rang to let fifth period end.’
- ‘Shaking her head quickly, and snapping back into reality, she reverted her attention back at her opponent.’
- ‘I snap back to reality and try the machines in the student computer cluster.’
- ‘The falls of the past two-and-a-half years have been too savage and prolonged for confidence to snap back quickly, even if the economy were to pick up.’
- ‘There was a pounding at the front door, and Dizzy quickly snapped back to reality.’
- ‘Quickly he snaps back into reality recognizing he is not asking for his bride's hand in marriage, but burying her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.