attributive Denoting a cover or attachment that is attached or secured with a snap.
- ‘The next time you experience hum, buzz, radio or television interference, attach a snap-on ferrite clamshell to the cable where it goes into a device.’
- ‘At each grommet location, follow the manufacturer's instructions to trim the fabric from the grommet hole and attach the snap-on cover.’
- ‘Clipped to the dashboard, I noticed a tiny mobile phone with a jungle-themed snap-on cover.’
- ‘It has a pocket clip on one end which is attached to the snap-on cap which covers the USB end of the unit.’
- ‘Gas washers come with a series of snap-on nozzles, so pick the one that produces the widest fan of water.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.