One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a good trio of sisters, with Suzanne Burden outstanding as a snakily vain Goneril.’
- ‘He plays a snakily elegant playboy named Jamison, who has raised the art of seduction to a lucrative business.’
- ‘Pfeiffer is wonderful as the treacherous Eris, her voice as snakily sinuous as the wisps of smoke that trail and envelop her.’
- ‘His yearning voice is laden with the characteristic microtonality of Arabic-influenced pop but uncoiled more snakily and with spine-tingling verve.’
- ‘Mears snakily threads melody, then tears into the reed, taking the clarinet into the other world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.