One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
often as modifier The skin of a snake, especially as used to make shoes or clothing.‘snakeskin boots’
- ‘Ronald in contrast was resplendent in a cool all-white suit, white pimp daddy hat, white snakeskin shoes, ivory tipped cane - and pearly white teeth.’
- ‘Apparently, leathers and skin-tight snakeskin trousers are really in right now.’
- ‘There are lots of skinny belts, tiny snakeskin ones, or leather shoestring ones and what's great about them is that you don't have to have a tiny waist to be able to wear them.’
- ‘Ian was standing there looking as good as ever in a western-looking shirt, blue jeans, snakeskin boots, and a cowboy hat.’
- ‘By contrast, in the West, snakeskin, like lizard skin, is considered beautiful enough for expensive designer bags, wallets and footwear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.