One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Doomed to misfortune; unlucky.‘the snakebitten space shuttle chalked up a fourth launch delay’
- ‘He's a gifted player who could help the Lions - if he isn't snakebitten.’
- ‘For a team that's spent recent years snakebitten, it was an injury to Tom Gugliotta in December that provided a fortunate turning point for the season: the rise of Stoudemire.’
- ‘According to Mackie, the outburst was a long time coming for Jamani, who has been snakebitten during a first-half slump.’
- ‘The snakebitten Gators should have far more going for them than last year, when they lost more manpower to injuries than any other team in the country.’
- ‘Those of us snakebitten by the Hollywood dream - failed screenwriters, underemployed musicians - flock to the Clippers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.