One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dance in which the performers handle live snakes, imitate the motions of snakes, or form a line that moves in a zigzag fashion, in particular a ritual dance of the Hopi Indians involving the handling of live rattlesnakes.
- ‘However, specific to Bangladesh are indigenous dances such as dhali, baul, maipuri, and snake dances.’
- ‘One of the employees, draped in a sari, performed a snake dance, which enthralled the audience all through.’
Perform a snake dance.
- ‘Almost all of the rest of the students snake-danced at the rear of the exuberant parade.’
- ‘PRINCETON, N.J., Nov.4. - Two thousand undergraduates snake-danced their way over the campus of old Nassau this evening, as Princeton's ‘Varsity football squad embarked for Cambridge and the Harvard game.’
- ‘After the game, as the Princeton fans snake-danced around the field, tossing their hats over the goalposts in celebration of Princeton's 20 to 0 victory, the Philadelphia councilmen hurried to the Princeton dressing rooms to thank Roper for the marvelous arrangements he had made for them.’
- ‘Following the ceremony the students again snake-danced their way down Linden Lane and on to Boston proper where they once again celebrated the momentous Boston College victory.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.