One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The protocol of intra-government communications, and dealings with external agencies often slowed decision making and implementation to a snail-like pace.’
- ‘Together with Mr Schröder, the French president will now attempt to slow further the already snail-like pace of liberalisation of the energy and telecoms markets.’
- ‘Instead of a swift inquiry, and a swift resolution, its pace was snail-like.’
- ‘All that one normally sees of the shipworm is the snail-like head peeping out of the bark.’
- ‘The implant consists of electronics and a thin set of wires containing pads that are designed to touch and stimulate the auditory nerve that lies exposed inside the snail-like cochlea of the inner ear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.