One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who smuggles goods.‘drug smugglers’
contrabandist, runner, courier, bootleggerView synonyms
- ‘The people smugglers are happy to take your money but they cannot deliver - they cannot get you to Australia.’
- ‘She could have been a heroin mule or a gun smuggler for all anyone knew.’
- ‘Authorities often pursue smugglers ' ships for two days, along the many islands that run from Sakhalin Oblast to Japan.’
- ‘They left their countries in search of a better life, paying smugglers hundreds of dollars.’
- ‘Her rum and brandy will be contraband bought from sea smugglers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.