Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who smuggles goods.‘drug smugglers’
contrabandist, runner, courier, bootleggermulemoonshinerView synonyms
- ‘She could have been a heroin mule or a gun smuggler for all anyone knew.’
- ‘The people smugglers are happy to take your money but they cannot deliver - they cannot get you to Australia.’
- ‘Her rum and brandy will be contraband bought from sea smugglers.’
- ‘Authorities often pursue smugglers ' ships for two days, along the many islands that run from Sakhalin Oblast to Japan.’
- ‘They left their countries in search of a better life, paying smugglers hundreds of dollars.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.