One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who smuggles goods.‘drug smugglers’
contrabandist, runner, courier, bootleggerView synonyms
- ‘The people smugglers are happy to take your money but they cannot deliver - they cannot get you to Australia.’
- ‘She could have been a heroin mule or a gun smuggler for all anyone knew.’
- ‘They left their countries in search of a better life, paying smugglers hundreds of dollars.’
- ‘Her rum and brandy will be contraband bought from sea smugglers.’
- ‘Authorities often pursue smugglers ' ships for two days, along the many islands that run from Sakhalin Oblast to Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.