One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having blurred or smeared marks on the surface.‘a smudgy photograph’
- ‘It was a printed piece of computer paper, covered in the smudgy black scrawl of a scanned newspaper article.’
- ‘The smudgy appearance of the manuscript seems to be the result of wear and tear.’
- ‘The stretches of DNA, referred to as fragments, show up as smudgy blobs on a test film.’
- ‘He had left two smudgy fingerprints on the polished glass.’
- ‘Papa gave every note, even the white slip with his name and ID number printed in smudgy ink, to Mama.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.