One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having blurred or smeared marks on the surface.‘a smudgy photograph’
- ‘He had left two smudgy fingerprints on the polished glass.’
- ‘It was a printed piece of computer paper, covered in the smudgy black scrawl of a scanned newspaper article.’
- ‘The smudgy appearance of the manuscript seems to be the result of wear and tear.’
- ‘Papa gave every note, even the white slip with his name and ID number printed in smudgy ink, to Mama.’
- ‘The stretches of DNA, referred to as fragments, show up as smudgy blobs on a test film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.