One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As to grain, fairly evident in both black-and-white and color, it doesn't exhibit any smudginess to cause a softening of the image.’
- ‘Also solved were two problems involving contrast and brightness: less contrast at the bottom of a document and smudginess around black letters on a white background.’
- ‘I also thing the blurry smudginess of fast motion would be better.’
- ‘This also gave them experience with the smudginess of pastels, so they could try to minimize smears and fingerprints on their work.’
- ‘The background was left empty and the smudginess of the portrait reflects the haste of the commission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.