One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like Hickman's piece above, this marvelously textured and smudgily colored work manifests a simplicity of presentation with a complication of content.’
- ‘Both lines blurred smudgily in the direction his thumb was travelling, the pencil-line slightly more than the one he had drawn with the pen.’
- ‘You can see, even in this book's smudgily reproduced photographs, how, almost 4,000 years ago, Egyptian hieroglyphs became adapted to the representation of sounds rather than things or ideas.’
- ‘Usually on yellow tracing paper, most of the visualizations are done in pencil and colored pencil, and with their sensitive lines and smudgily applied color they are undoubtedly art.’
- ‘They and other visitors certainly deserve a better selection of goods than those shown on page 38, or the smudgily printed teacloths and apron shown below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.