Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Muscle tissue in which the contractile fibrils are not highly ordered, occurring in the gut and other internal organs and not under voluntary control.Often contrasted with striated muscle
- ‘On the other hand, melatonin reportedly induced contraction of bovine bronchial smooth muscle.’
- ‘The inhaled bronchodilators relieve only the airway narrowing from spasm of the bronchial smooth muscle.’
- ‘Blood vessels only work when both endothelia and vascular smooth muscle are bound together.’
- ‘Topical phenylephrine, which increases the tone of the sphincter smooth muscle, is under development.’
- ‘The myometrium is a thick coat containing smooth muscle and abundant connective tissues.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.