One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was seared then rolled in ultra - coarse black pepper, which seemed to have suffused the pink centre of the fish with smokiness that added to, rather than vied with, its fresh, fishy flavour.’
- ‘The best way to impart the sweet smokiness of bacon to thick winter soups is to use homemade stock made with a bacon hock.’
- ‘The smokiness of his clothing, plus the profuse sweating combine to form a putrid aroma like none other I've ever witnessed.’
- ‘The oak is pretty subtle here, but it gives the wine a slight smokiness that complements the dish.’
- ‘The gentle smokiness of St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout makes grilled meats an obvious accompaniment, but be wary of strong sauces, as they will overpower the beer's subtle nuances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.