One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The best way to impart the sweet smokiness of bacon to thick winter soups is to use homemade stock made with a bacon hock.’
- ‘The gentle smokiness of St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout makes grilled meats an obvious accompaniment, but be wary of strong sauces, as they will overpower the beer's subtle nuances.’
- ‘It was seared then rolled in ultra - coarse black pepper, which seemed to have suffused the pink centre of the fish with smokiness that added to, rather than vied with, its fresh, fishy flavour.’
- ‘The oak is pretty subtle here, but it gives the wine a slight smokiness that complements the dish.’
- ‘The smokiness of his clothing, plus the profuse sweating combine to form a putrid aroma like none other I've ever witnessed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.