Tobacco that is chewed or snuffed rather than smoked by the user.
- ‘Compared with cigarettes, smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco) puts more nicotine into your bloodstream.’
- ‘First of all, I congratulate you on your victory over cigarettes, but smokeless tobacco, chew or snuff, is not a safe substitute to smoking cigarettes.’
- ‘The nicotine in cigarettes and smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco) makes your body release adrenaline.’
- ‘Although smokeless tobacco (e.g, snuff, chewing tobacco) is not associated with respiratory problems, it can lead to nicotine addiction and mouth problems.’
- ‘One should, however, note that users of smokeless tobacco have been described as very nicotine dependent, thus making the habit hard to quit.’