One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Producing or emitting little or no smoke.‘smokeless fuel’
- ‘Fully laden, the vessel which is registered in St John's, was delivering a cargo of slack for the smokeless fuel plant at Arigna.’
- ‘The company, which has an annual turnover of £23m, employs more than 400 people in Bolsover, producing solid smokeless fuel, and refining crude oil derivatives into a variety of oils and chemical products.’
- ‘The new operational premises at Nursteed Road trading estate includes a cash-and-carry warehouse for coal and a wide variety of smokeless fuels, together with a fully equipped 6,000 square foot workshop for vehicle and plant servicing.’
- ‘In Ireland they have compressed peat briquettes as a smokeless city fuel, what is the Christchurch alternative?’
- ‘Solid-fuel appliances burning anything other than smokeless fuels will produce sooty deposits in the chimney flue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.