One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for smoke tree
- ‘One plant which is often sold as a shrub but if left untouched, will eventually reach mammoth proportions, is cotinus coggygria, or as it is more commonly known, the smoke bush.’
- ‘Depending upon your point of view, smoke tree or smoke bush (Cotinus coggygria, zones 4 to 8) is a treelike shrub or shrubby tree.’
- ‘When plants such as barberry, grapevine, ornamental grasses, and smoke bush are in their full glory, they create a garden's final drama of the year.’
- ‘The smoke bush's few requirements are full sun and a well-drained soil that's low in fertility.’
- ‘I like the shrubs purple hazel (Corylus maxima purpurea), black elder Sambucus nigra ‘Guincho Purple’ and the smoke bush Cotinus coggygria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.