One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And I might have just sat there smiling smirkily and shaking my head back and forth while he screamed repeatedly, ‘For god sakes say SOMETHING!’’
- ‘Yes indeed I had fun in Amarillo, despite some comics smirkily telling me that wouldn't be possible.’
- ‘You want to say, ‘I planned it that way,’ but a self-betraying, smirkily ironic tone enters your voice.’
- ‘I heard that when wife Elizabeth refreshed Cheney's memory after the debate, he smirkily replied ‘Oh Yeah’ indicating that he had indeed remembered their meetings.’
- ‘This way-out, smirkily comic adventure pits ten-year-old Lily and her friends against whales determined to take over the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.