One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electricity supply network that uses digital communications technology to detect and react to local changes in usage.‘smart grids are a key component in the EU energy strategy’
- ‘They worry that cyber terrorists could exploit the smart grid to cause massive power outages.’
- ‘I am very confident that the next generation of mobile devices and the next generation of smart grids will actually be evolving in India.’
- ‘Converting a theoretical possibility such as this to a green reality will be complex, but the notion of the smart grid should resonate with New Zealanders.’
- ‘We have hired experts in renewable energy, carbon emissions, and the smart grid in order to address these huge opportunities.’
- ‘We need a smart grid that can intelligently store and deploy solar energy at night, wind energy during the day, and that can do long-haul transmission of electrons.’
- ‘Researchers hope other smart grid innovations would prevent something like the 2003 blackout that left 50 million people in the dark.’
- ‘Utilities can protect their smart grids with the right security architecture, which requires unique, standards-based security built into every network node and device.’
- ‘But does smart grid technology make the nation more vulnerable to cyber-terrorists?’
- ‘Such meters are mainly used in smart grids, in which a power station gets real-time information about demand across a region and can alter its output accordingly.’
- ‘New investment has been made in public transport systems, smart grid and utilisation of renewable energy resources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.