Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A forward who is typically smaller than a power forward, and is often more agile and a better shot.
- ‘He still is not big enough to hold off bulky power forwards, but he is athletic and smart enough to guard versatile power forwards and even small forwards.’
- ‘It likely will have the ninth pick but would like to move up a bit to get an athletic small forward or power forward.’
- ‘Self envisions Wright at point guard, small forward or even power forward.’
- ‘He also frustrates pick-setters because he is smart enough and quick enough to defend shooting guards, small forwards and power forwards.’
- ‘Robinson averaged 38.9 minutes in those games, defending small forwards, power forwards and centers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.