One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In Washington, the Federal Government small-mindedly insisted that, no, public parkland could not be offered as collateral for mortgage guarantees.’
- ‘You small-mindedly assume that without the governance of an imaginary sky cop, a person will just naturally fall into self-serving, pleasure-seeking, negative behaviour.’
- ‘Both agree that one should simply celebrate the fact that there are books without small-mindedly picking apart those one dislikes, especially in public or, worst of all, in print.’
- ‘Ignore the cries of those who would small-mindedly label you a bar geek and think of the benefits that being a member of this association has for you as a lawyer, regardless of your specialty.’
- ‘But who is standing up to our MPs as they hack, small-mindedly, in different ways, at our freedom?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.