One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A prestigious lineage - however distant - can confer some measure of privilege despite the slumminess of more recent ancestors.’
- ‘The area had been urban renewed into slumminess and the old buildings were gone but when they existed they apparently did, in fact, front on the alley.’
- ‘Okay, exactly when did America accept its slumminess and start to revel in it!’
- ‘And hey, if you really crave slumminess, you can still find plenty of decrepitude between the avenues where the gentrification takes longer to get to.’
- ‘Like everywhere else this had a certain slumminess but, in a nod to being alternative, there was a sort of faux-hip bars and restaurants vibe going on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.