One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The game opened very sluggishly with both sides guilty of poor finishing and it was only in the ninth minute that the scoreboard first saw some activity.’
- ‘The neurons in my brain sluggishly but surely started networking.’
- ‘Europe has also maintained its prosperity, and although its economies are growing sluggishly, they are growing.’
- ‘Their attention definitely was not on this match as they started sluggishly, allowing the home side to dictate matters.’
- ‘Touch it and it breaks up, rolls sluggishly away in pieces, like mercury.’
- ‘Every window on our street is wide open, and the air is thrumming with the rotating hum of a hundred desktop fans, sluggishly pushing the warm air from room to room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.