A lazy person who stays in bed late.
idler, loafer, good-for-nothing, wastrel, drone, scrounger, cadger, ne'er-do-well, do-nothing, layabout, slob, lounger, shirker, sluggard, laggard, slugabed, malingererView synonyms
- ‘I'm hoping to get a few more from lollygaggers and slugabeds.’
- ‘This time though, his team were not the slugabeds who had toiled so morosely against Austria, Poland and England in Manchester.’
- ‘I was awake at 6: 00 a.m. while the hardened slugabeds wanted to sleep the day away.’
- ‘The sun is out and shining, and you are lying in bed like a lazy little slugabed.’
- ‘Give it a read if you're interested in what a foreigner thought of English stage coaches and slugabed habits.’
Late 16th century: from the rare verb slug be lazy or slow + abed.