Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(chiefly in R & B pop music) a slow, romantic song.‘if slow jams are your thing, then this CD really does the trick’
- ‘Can slow jams make a major comeback this year?’
- ‘He can croon a slow jam with the best of them, of course, but he's also quite good with the inspirational anthems.’
- ‘"Send It On" is a great old-school-inspired slow jam reminiscent of Prince's "Adore."’
- ‘Please share your sexy slow jams with us in the comment box.’
- ‘The album is funkier, slinkier and filled to the brim with poppy slow jams.’
- ‘"Burn" has the same sultry slow jam feel as his other hit ballads.’
- ‘"Dime Piece" could pass for any slow jam out today, with its generic hook, lyrics, and beats.’
- ‘He really is doing what he does best, those great slow jams, and very much about getting into the mood.’
- ‘If you're a fan of slow jams you will feel like a kid in a candy store, as all angles of love are covered here.’
- ‘And for the first single, he reunites with Fabolous for a mid-tempo slow jam.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.