Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(chiefly in R & B pop music) a slow, romantic song.‘if slow jams are your thing, then this CD really does the trick’
- ‘"Dime Piece" could pass for any slow jam out today, with its generic hook, lyrics, and beats.’
- ‘He can croon a slow jam with the best of them, of course, but he's also quite good with the inspirational anthems.’
- ‘Can slow jams make a major comeback this year?’
- ‘He really is doing what he does best, those great slow jams, and very much about getting into the mood.’
- ‘And for the first single, he reunites with Fabolous for a mid-tempo slow jam.’
- ‘"Burn" has the same sultry slow jam feel as his other hit ballads.’
- ‘The album is funkier, slinkier and filled to the brim with poppy slow jams.’
- ‘Please share your sexy slow jams with us in the comment box.’
- ‘"Send It On" is a great old-school-inspired slow jam reminiscent of Prince's "Adore."’
- ‘If you're a fan of slow jams you will feel like a kid in a candy store, as all angles of love are covered here.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.