One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Food that is produced or prepared in accordance with local culinary traditions, typically using high-quality locally sourced ingredients.
- ‘We see these awards as a significant way of sustaining rural community continuity and development and building a small, slow food culture in Western Australia.’
- ‘On the eve of its annual festival Natasha Hughes asks if slow food could be the new fast food?’
- ‘But slow food brings lasting rewards: the lamb in rosemary jus and pan-fried monkfish with ginger and saffron sauce are impeccable.’
- ‘Most people simply don't have the time for slow food, except on special occasions.’
- ‘Don't be too surprised if fast-food joints begin to cater to the "slow food" movement, just as gigantic petroleum corporations now sport bright "green" logos.’
- ‘Last year in Paris the hospitality was provided by the guru of organic "slow food", French farmer José Bové.’
- ‘Many have joined the ranks of the raw food movement or the slow food movement.’
- ‘Spurred by the growing health consciousness and a parallel slow food movement which is making waves in the West, Indian housewives too are fast adopting organically grown pulses, spices, health drinks, squashes et all.’
- ‘Convener of the programme Prof Rajesh Singh said slow food promoted access to good, clean and fair food to all people.’
- ‘Carlo Petrini and the 60,000 members of the slow food movement don't just want to change how we eat. They want to change how we live.’
- ‘Slow food makes pleasure a priority, a return to traditional foods and the experience of eating.’
- ‘This isn't fast food; it's the kind of slow food that makes waiting a pleasure.’
- ‘People are getting fussier about where their clothes are made; buying British is an awareness that, like slow food and Fairtrade, will grow.’
- ‘She explained the origins of the slow food movement which began in Italy around sixteen years ago, prompted by outrage at the first burger and chips outfit setting up in Rome.’
- ‘It appears that some corporations are starting to embrace the concepts of slow food and sustainability.’
- ‘Sure, slow food tastes better, but agribusiness has long argued that industrial farming is the only way to economically feed a global population nearing 7 billion.’
- ‘I think of reading magazines as being akin to the slow food movement.’
- ‘Is there a way to produce slow food on a mass-market level?’
- ‘We went to a little Italian slow food trattoria in Hakodate and over three and a half hours had nine courses of divine food.’
- ‘The slow food movement has spread around the world.’
1970s: contrasted with fast food.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.