One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Scanning at a much slower rate than usual, so that the resulting signal has a much smaller bandwidth.‘a slow-scan transmission’
- ‘In the future, it hopes to fly a slow-scan television system on the International Space Station.’
- ‘Along the slow-scan axis the average particle movement was 9 14 nm downward in up-then-down scans and 7 11 upward in down-then-up scans.’
- ‘When assembled with the appropriate detector, optics, and slow-scan mechanism, the polygonal scanner forms a useful data acquisition device in applications like web inspection or fluorescence microscopy.’
- ‘These included chat software, Webcams, slow-scan television, and the early videoconferencing attempts.’
- ‘The blue and pink do merge to form clear purple images in some instances, but basically it acts like a slow-scan poorly composited video.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.