One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Slovakia or its people or language.‘a display of traditional Slovakian folk dancing’
- ‘Fine music, delicious Slovakian food and wine and the embassy's wonderful crystal chandeliers delighted everyone.’
- ‘The Slovakian defender took the left back spot in the summer.’
- ‘On Tuesday, the ship arrives in the Slovakian capital, Bratislava.’
1A native or inhabitant of Slovakia.‘the Slovakians put on a great match’
- ‘The Slovakians had put on a pretty good show and seemed well organised.’
- ‘The 19-year-old Slovakian was fending off the press pack in the interview area.’
- ‘The Slovakian powers his game with incredible speed.’
2The West Slavonic language spoken by Slovakians.‘the natural rhythms of Slovakian’
- ‘They got to hear Brian preach in Slovakian, with a translator.’
- ‘In boyhood he learned to speak Slovakian, Serbo-Croat, Czech, and German.’
- ‘There are two small publishing bodies translating English Calvinistic literature into Slovakian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.