One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lamp which emits a narrow but intense beam of light, used for examining the interior of the eye.
- ‘The cornea, aqueous, iris and pupil should be examined with the slit lamp.’
- ‘The eye is examined with a slit lamp, a microscope designed for eye examination.’
- ‘In this instance, copious irrigation with saline and a thorough slit lamp examination should be carried out.’
- ‘Under slit lamp examination, the cornea may appear unclear, with visible patches of cloudy haze in the flap interface.’
- ‘On slit lamp examination, this appears as multiple, focal, swollen lesions that stain with rose bengal or fluorescein dye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.