One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An even bigger mistake is the dialogue, which slipperily shuttles between the farcical and the portentous, inducing gales of laughter in the most inappropriate places.’
- ‘While Adam's responsibility for naming the animals derived from what we slipperily term ‘the cultural mandate,’ it soon led to a system of categorization that deemed impure the messy results of human variation.’
- ‘Are we starting to see the mythic thread itself into the main river ever so slipperily ever so innocuously?’
- ‘Cameron was surprised to be invited to join the Bullingdon, and slipperily avoided most of the most disgraceful antics.’
- ‘Your machine will move slowly and slipperily to a fate that you can't avoid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.