One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A disposable slipper or similar foot covering, especially of a kind distributed to airline passengers.
mule, moccasin, house shoeView synonyms
- ‘On the bed lay big fluffy white bathrobes and slipperettes.’
- ‘They were a sort of stretchy slipperette type thing.’
- ‘Since then, she has quilted nine large quilts and three baby quilts, besides knitting numerous slipperettes.’
- ‘When a young boy or girl attend his or her first Highland Dancing class, the teacher usually advises that a soft pair of plimsolls or slipperettes be worn for the first few lessons.’
- ‘And, if you always keep these slipperettes in one particular compartment of your suitcase, you're always prepared when packing time comes around.’
- ‘We are a manufacturer and exporter of eyeshades, tubesocks, slippers, slipperette, amenities kit, cosmetic bag and travelling bag for Airline & Hotel.’
- ‘Small wisps of smoke curled from her ears, and her toes protruded from her polyester-brocade slipperettes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.