One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick sock, typically with a leather or vinyl sole, for use as a slipper.
- ‘Slip on a pair of cotton twist slipper socks for warmth and comfort.’
- ‘It, the left slipper sock, has been becoming tattered and pulled and raggy, but at least it's been in my room.’
- ‘These slipper socks are a great way to keep your feet warm and dry inside.’
- ‘There is a wood floor and you don't need to wear your boots inside, but a pair of wool slipper socks or mukluks is a good idea.’
- ‘Melanie nodded, and took her coat and slipped her bare feet in slipper socks, and then into loafers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.