One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pullover, typically one without sleeves.
- ‘In a chair with a pink slip-over, Rosetta slept placidly.’
- ‘Hosiery constitutes 22% of import (mostly from China), slipovers, jackets, and sweaters - 17%, and knitwear polo shirts, tee-shirts, and underwaists - 16%.’
- ‘When it was cold, knee length, turned over socks and woollen jerseys were worn, whilst in the summer short sleeved shirts and Fair Isle slipovers were popular.’
- ‘These slipovers are also highly durable and are great for rental costumes.’
- ‘This is a men's V-neck sleeveless slipover with traditional shaping, sized to fit a 37 in. / 94 cm chest.’
attributive (of a garment) designed to be put on over the head.‘a slipover sweater’
- ‘The little slipover number fit beautifully, although my friend didn't remember her mother ever wearing it.’
- ‘Buy this lambswool Slipover Jumper online from the top brands.’
- ‘This stunning slip-over jumper dress has a soft, bohemian quality that feels totally effortless.’
- ‘The present invention relates as indicated to slipover headrest pillows in general and to an easily assembled and installed slipover headrest pillow assembly in particular.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.