One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Again, above all, the staleness and slightness of the work strike one.’
- ‘It is possible to admire her amazing grace and athleticism, yet still be somewhat unnerved by the slightness of her frame.’
- ‘An innately talented midfielder with a sweet left foot and sharp brain, Dillon's slightness of stature is perhaps the only thing that prevents him making it at a higher level.’
- ‘It tries so hard to be profound, but the slightness of its themes leaves the whole project sadly weightless and ultimately superficial.’
- ‘But sometimes when we are out, she still slips her hand into mine as we walk, and each time she does it, I feel the fragile-boned slightness of her hand and wonder, is this the last time?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.