Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A presentation supplemented by or based on a series of projected images or photographic slides.
- ‘The same is true with still images, which can be played in a slide show.’
- ‘Digital photos can be played back in a slide show, complete with a soundtrack compiled from the music library.’
- ‘An online slide show highlights our correspondents' favorite new offerings.’
- ‘They ended the presentation with a moving slide show that left many of the attendees in tears.’
- ‘They even presented a slide show and a videotape to prove their case.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.