One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cold weather woodland camouflage pattern coat is lined, hip length with a bi-swing back, convertible stand-up collar with concealed hood, slide fastener front closure with two breast and two lower pockets.’
- ‘The slide fastener broke when I sat down.’
- ‘You need to be keen about developments in clothing materials, dress style and changes in customers' demands, even the button and the slide fasteners.’
- ‘There is a need for a reliable and reproducible means of evaluating the performance and durability of slide fasteners.’
- ‘A slide fastener has a pair of longitudinally extending and parallel textile tapes.’
- ‘There were articles of clothing and all manner of smaller packages bound up with the funny little slide fasteners.’
slide fastener/slīd ˈfas(ə)nər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.