One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bed resembling a sleigh, with an outward curving headboard and footboard.
- ‘Like this mahogany sleigh bed, most of the larger pieces are imported from Indonesia.’
- ‘Simple yet elegant bed linens emphasize the richness of the cherry sleigh bed.’
- ‘Although the furniture looked like it belonged to a grown up, with a grand sleigh bed dominating most of the room, the rest of the décor was enough to cast doubt on that assumption.’
- ‘Decorated in shades of maroon and green, dominating the room was an elegant four-poster sleigh bed.’
- ‘It was a little bit bigger than her own, with sparse curtains and the luxury of a sleigh bed, in which she and Jahson were laying right then.’
- ‘As she returned to the full-sized wooden sleigh bed, Nyla knew that she would never be the same again.’
- ‘Plus there was a lovely sleigh bed and a well-kitted-out bathroom.’
- ‘The beds are of cast iron and mahogany and one room has a French sleigh bed.’
- ‘The sleigh bed was simply gorgeous, and the walls were made of cloth.’
- ‘And the main prominent feature of the room is an oak sleigh bed.’
- ‘The sleigh bed in one half of the room was huge, with deep pink blankets and pillows.’
- ‘Sitting up in bed, she cradled her head and neck on the headboard of her small, wooden sleigh bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.