One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inability to sleep; insomnia.‘he began to suffer from bouts of sleeplessness’
- ‘Milk contains tryptophan, which probably explains why a warm glass of milk at bedtime is a long-standing home remedy for sleeplessness.’
- ‘Consuming caffeine later in the day can cause sleeplessness.’
- ‘Given the saddening condition of my sleeplessness, I was sorely in need of a nap.’
- ‘What causes your sleeplessness is half the key to finding your way to a good night's rest.’
- ‘She made no complaints about the symptoms she is now describing, not even sleeplessness, nor was anything untoward observed.’
- ‘A number of problems can contribute to your sleeplessness during pregnancy.’
- ‘In the international classification of sleep disorders, there are well over 80 specific causes of sleeplessness.’
- ‘The negative effects of sleeplessness range from lost productivity to mood problems to a greater likelihood of car accidents.’
- ‘Don't make up for a night of sleeplessness by napping.’
- ‘I finally read the warning about nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.