One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tablet of a drug that helps to induce sleep.
- ‘Simon, a middle-aged salesman, came to see me requesting a prescription for a sleeping pill.’
- ‘Some nightshade plants are ingredients in potent narcotic medicine and sleeping pills.’
- ‘Another psychiatrist also gave her sedatives and sleeping pills.’
- ‘I'd give her one sleeping pill and one pain pill.’
- ‘In the case of a sleeping pill or some other medicine you use only occasionally, this can serve as a reminder to ask your physician for a new prescription at your next visit.’
- ‘She was not only on Oxycontin, but on a sleeping pill and a sedative for anxiety.’
- ‘The trouble is that some of the sleeping pills that people use to combat insomnia may also leave them groggy and slow the next day.’
- ‘She still suffered from shortness of breath and was currently taking sleeping pills and anti depressants, she told the court.’
- ‘This reader's mother may need a sleeping pill because the antidepressant she is taking can cause insomnia.’
- ‘She was attended by her doctor, who gave her valium and sleeping pills to deal with her distress.’
- ‘Instead, they are prescribing medications like Valium, tranquilizers and sleeping pills.’
- ‘Escaping them for a few hours courtesy of a sleeping pill is wonderful.’
- ‘It is not recommended to use over-the-counter sleeping pills for insomnia.’
- ‘Up to 50 percent of all women over 60 in Canada may be prescribed tranquilizers or sleeping pills.’
- ‘Try not to take sleeping pills for longer than a night or two.’
- ‘A few minutes later, a nurse came in, carrying with her some sleeping pills and some painkillers and water.’
- ‘The sleeping pill flurazepam produces sedation that lasts too long increasing the risk of falls.’
- ‘Your body makes tranquilizers and sleeping pills and immunomodulators and antibodies.’
- ‘He'd drugged her with sleeping pills and when she had awakened she'd found herself locked in the cellar.’
- ‘Laughter has benefited many people who were on heavy tranquilizers and sleeping pills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.